Saturday, December 08, 2007

Brown Eggs and Ham

December 8, 2007

I made my way to the supermarket alone this morning. This city in similar to others in that a lot of folks sleep in on Saturday. I got on the stinky bus and rode with some of my closest (in the literal sense) friends. An elderly gentleman offered me a seat and began to speak to me about the contents of his bag. It was full of light bulbs and fixtures. I interpreted that he was trying to sell me some. I told him in my best Russian no thank you and that I was American and did not speak much Roosky. He interpreted that his offer would not be accepted and then asked me what my business was here. I made up a word and he did not understand. It was a rare pleasant encounter with a local. These people are not superficial at all. They only smile if you give them a reason. Otherwise, they wear blank expressions which we interpret as good southerners as unfriendly - don't get me wrong, some certainly are.

Made it to the Billa (supermarket chain) and picked up some essentials whilst the girls slept. Here, you are a criminal while shopping. They watch you intensely and if that bothers you, too bad! You must just go about your business, but know that you have an audience. Interesting parallel....

Among other things, I picked up some cheese, ham, and eggs. This is where the title comes from. We've not ventured out too far in the food realm. So as I blog, G is preparing eggs. She and I had a ham and cheese omelet and it was good! A good start to the day.

Continue to pray. We do not yet have a court date, but we are expecting to receive one early next week. All of our paperwork has reached its final destination. Hopefully, by this time next week, we will have a new daughter. For now, we live each day in hope.

Thank you for your comments, calls and prayers as we walk through this.

The Graces

1 Comments:

At Saturday, December 08, 2007 10:39:00 AM , Blogger Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Sam I am and Co ;) Ya'll are doing great :) breathing in and out one step at a time, and trusting in the One who loves you guys the most! He has brought you all so far! & has such a great plan for this precious life that you are inviting to be a part of your own. You family is so special to us and we appreciate your open hearts and the way you share your journey :) BTW I am lovin me some Kirby videos! :)
Did a Mom school thing to day and got up at 2am to stand in line at a Bike give away. We only qualified for one but it was one more than we had! Only some one who loves some one forever will get up crazy early to cross the state line (went to AL) to stand for 5 hours in line for a bike! :) & only a family that loves someone forever would cross seas, and cultures, and the treachery that is behind the emotions of someone who has been abandon to say YOU ARE OURS! Hang in there :) we are learning from you guys!
Many blessings and love,
The Smiths ~ Here and There.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home