Wednesday, December 26, 2007




Breaking Ties

December 26, 2007

We were able to accomplish a lot in the past two days. We were able to obtain the birth certificate, ID number and passport photos within 24 hours. Now we wait.... again. We are planning to travel back to Kiev this weekend and make our final preparations to return home. We don't expect to receive Dasha's passport before this weekend so it appears that she and Gina will be forced to return after the rest of us. Please pray that we can find an affordable flight when it is time and that we can get her visa without any problems next week. (and if you want to pray for a miracle on Monday or Tuesday morning, please do)

Today we will be making a visit to the relatives of the daughter's of our friends who were here almost two years ago. I'm not sure I can mention the name, but it should be a joyous time for us to share how well their girls have done in the US and what a wonderful family they have and how beautiful they are.

Either today or tomorrow we will be officially checking Dasha out of the orphanage. This will be a very emotional time for us all. Most of her friends have left for holiday trips and will not be there to see her off. After this we are planning to make a trip to her Grandmother's village to allow her to say goodbye (or maybe see you later?). This will also be tough, but we feel that it is very necessary and she has asked us to do this for her. We look forward to meeting her and sharing a little about ourselves with her. My observation is that she is ready for the next thing. I think it is a little beneficial (at least for the older children) that this process takes as long as it does. At this point, this flat is her home. In the next few days we will transition to another home and then another. I'm sure it is tough for a child to adjust to all of these changes. Please pray that this will be a peaceful transition and that she will feel secure with her new position in our family. In reality, she has been a part of our family for quite some time.

BTW, Christmas was different.

I know that there is less than a week left in the year but I would like to officially submit this statement for consideration as the "Understatement of the Year." Just not the same.... especially outside the door of our apartment. December 25 is just another day here - business, as usual. I'm curious to see what impact that will have on our two bio kids. We finished off the day with a fabulous meal at the Irish Pub. Hope yours was wonderful! You were all missed here. I think now we are certifiably homesick. Oh, what I would do or pay for a plate of home-cooked holiday foods!

Please pray for our endurance to finish this leg of the race. (I suppose this could be considered only qualifying for the real race.) Also, please pray that our visit with her Grandmother will be without conflict and that God will protect us.

We love you all and can't wait to get home.

The Grace's

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:49:00 AM , Blogger Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Praying for your Miracle!!! :) No matter what circumstance it comes wrapped up in! :)
Love and Blessings,
The Smiths ~ Here and There!

 
At Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:22:00 AM , Blogger Melissa B said...

So glad to catch up with your journey. We have been in prayer for you over the holiday. Can't wait to see the book or movie deal from this experience! Maybe KB could be the director/producer.

Praying for safe trip home together. Catch up soon.

 
At Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:30:00 PM , Blogger Jana said...

Hey Chris and Gina,
I am glad this part of the journey is almost over. I am also praying for a miracle that you can come home together. I know you are praying too. I know Christmas was different for you this year, but one you will never forget. Take Care,
Jana

 
At Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:44:00 PM , Blogger Bobby and Kim Kemp said...

Hi Gina and Chris and kids,
I finally have a few minutes to catch up on your blog after arriving home on Thurs night. It was a long day of travel but went really well. I truly know how much it means to be home, and how terrible homesickness can be. Just take it one day at a time and it seems to go by a little faster.Also, Kiev is a little easier to tolerate!! You all are in our prayers and can't wait to see you come home!!!
Love,
Kim and Bobby

 
At Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:05:00 AM , Blogger The Hennesy Family: Trace, Stacie, Lauren, Ryan, Megan, and Kaitlyn said...

Greetings Grace family. You are in our prayers, and I hope that God provides a miracle. Even if He does not in this instance, He already has provided several I would say.

I am sorry I was not there to enjoy the 24-hours of Christmas Story with you guys! That is an all-time classic, and my family doesn't seem to find the same humor in it that I do. Must be a guy thing.

We can't wait to see you back in the states and look forward to hearing more about your journey.

God bless you and your family.

Trace

 
At Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:54:00 PM , Blogger Chris and Vickie Nichols and family said...

Chris Grace, Gina Grace and family of 3 kids...(I like that ring):
I guess I am laughing now at seeing the fruits of you guys first walking into a room full of strangers in the Multi Purpose Building. Little did you know that when you stepped into that room you were set up to begin making disciples of all nations...now you are in the game...so keep the helmet on. Ephesians 6.
We are/have been/will be praying for strength and success and daily bread for you all. Looks like to me His kingdom is in route, and His will is being done in so many. Hang on,
Love,
The Nichols

 
At Friday, October 09, 2009 11:15:00 AM , Blogger Marksberry Family said...

Gina,
I would love to have a Publix around here! From what I can tell that is the place to shop when using coupons. We don't have one any where near. No groceries stores do BOGO or double coupons! It is very frustrating! I usually hit up good deals on a nearby grocery store and then go to Walmart and try to price match as much as I can. Thanks for the offer. If you have any general tips, I would love to hear them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home